Nomad - Medium Portable Stove5.0
A midsize member of the Winnerwell series of stoves, the Nomad Medium is a customer favorite on Gear.com, largely because of its tidy, nesting four-leg design and compact form factor. Level side shelves offer more versatility while cooking and double as a carry handle. It™s easy to attach any 2.5" extra pipes, elbow joints, and even a 2.5" Pipe Oven to bake your famous cookies and layer biscuits (nobody needs to know you get them from a can...your secret is safe). The door boasts a glass window for ambiance and an air-control damper for fire management.
This wood burning tent stove made with 304 stainless steel which does not corrode or rust and supports much higher temperatures than mild steel. This creates a best-of-both-worlds scenario where the stove has a thinner wall for reduced weight (It weighs in at only 20 pounds) but still withstands the level of temps you need for performance in any outdoor condition.
Built to work seamlessly inside compatible canvas tents such as the Springbar Skyliner 144, or in yurts and tiny homes, the Nomad also is a hit among those who live the van life because of its small packed dimensions: 15" x 8" x 8". With a smaller footprint than the Woodlander stoves, the Nomad is a great option when trying to fit a wood-burning stove into smaller spaces where a fireproof hearth area is used to reduce required clearances.
This item is shipped via UPS and we are unable to ship to a PO BOX.
- Precision-crafted in 304 Stainless Steel that will never rust or corrode (1/8” thick cooktop material, 1/16” thick body material)
- Includes 1 stove body, 5 sections of straight chimney pipe (2.5” diameter, 14” length), 1 spark arrestor, and 1 ash scraper
- Weight: 20 pounds
- Packed Dimensions/Stove Body Dimensions: 15” x 8” x 8”
- Assemble Dimensions: 15” x 20” x 90” (90” indicates total height from the ground to the spark arrestor)
- Footprint Dimensions: 16” x 13.5”
- Firebox Capacity: Approx. 800 cubic inches (15” stove body depth nicely accommodates split wood)
- Fuel Type: dry, seasoned wood only (not intended for coal burning)
- Door features an air-control damper and a glass window for fire management and ambiance
- Level side shelves lend cooking versatility and double as a carry handle
- Highly portable- Nesting legs and shelves fold flat to the stove body; 5 pipe sections, spark arrestor, and an ash scraper stow inside the stove body
- Wide 4-leg design helps keep the stove stable on uneven surfaces
- Compatible with Medium Size and 2.5” Winnerwell Stove Accessories
- Certifications: N/A (This is a recreational wood burning stove not intended for residential use)
- Medium Carry Bag Sold Separately.
Gear.com offers free ground shipping anywhere in the continental US for any order of $49 or more. Gear.com orders under $49 ship anywhere within the continental US for a flat rate of $9.95. Excludes oversized items - Oversized shipping rates apply automatically at checkout.
Shipment tracking typically takes 2 - 7 business days to update. We will notify you as soon as your tracking number becomes available. Please be sure to check your promotions, spam or junk mail folders for these updates. Once your order hits the road, standard shipping takes approximately 3 - 7 business days for delivery. During the Holidays the estimated shipping window is extended to approximately 5 - 10 business days.
Gear.com orders can be shipped from multiple warehouses across the United States and can be shipped using FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. Some brands have shipping restrictions and cannot ship to USPS PO BOX or Freight Forwarding addresses and will be noted on the product page description.
International and Expedited Shipping:
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
*For Freight-Forwarding Orders please reach out to email@example.com BEFORE placing your order. Restrictions apply.
We understand that not every purchase works out. New, unused gear in original packaging and hangtags can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment or for an exchange.
All returns for refund will have a $8.95 restocking fee deducted from the refund amount. Excluding returns for exchange or store credit. If the original method of payment is unavailable, we will issue your refund in the form of store credit.
How to return by mail
Due to high demand, our returns process may take longer than usual. Typically, we will issue a refund within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card or for a refund check to arrive. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly and safely as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all return questions.
Follow these three steps to submit your return:
Visit our New Return Portal
To make shipping a return even easier, we have launched a New Return Portal that allows you to submit your return request. After we review your request and have authorization from the return warehouse, you will receive a prepaid return shipping label via email.
Please note: Oversized items (such as coolers, skis, furniture, large stoves and tents, etc) will be charged an oversized item return fee. Please don’t hesitate to ask email@example.com if you have any questions about typical return shipping for an oversized item you may order.
Pack your return
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Prepare & ship your package
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you. We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card. PLEASE NOTE: PREPAID LABELS EXPIRE 15 DAYS FROM DATE WE SEND THEM TO YOU.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions of the Gear.com Return Policy will be declined and a refund will not be issued.
- All returns will be charged a $8.95 restocking fee. Excluding returns for exchange or store credit.
- All sales are final on gift cards, lift tickets, and passes, as noted at time of purchase.
- If you prefer to work directly with a carrier to ship your return, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an RMA and return shipping address.
Mail-in return exceptions
Some items cannot be returned via our return portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
Store credits issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.
All other store credits expire 90 days from issuance, including credits issued by our Customer Success team or as part of a promotion.
Manufacturing Defect/Warranty Claims
If you experience a manufacturing defect, or it's outside of the Gear.com 30 day return window, please contact the manufacturer directly. Gear.com does not provide any direct warranty services, though your purchase may be covered by a brand or manufacturer warranty. If a warranty claim requires a Proof of Purchase from Gear.com, please contact email@example.com and we'll be happy to email a copy if needed.