Weber Grill Grate Replacement Inserts to Grill Arteflame Style
All furniture returns must be fully disassembled and in the original box.
The Weber Grill Grate Replacement Inserts replace any Weber style grill grate with a combination grill and griddle. MADE in the USA, Arteflame inserts are perfect for grilling seafood, steaks, burgers, veggies and more. The griddle eliminates the slots through which food falls into the fire and loses all its juiciness. Weber Grill Grate Replacement Inserts are perfect for getting that delicious smokey flavor without the burn from your Weber Grill.
Unparalleled Quality with Attention to Detail
Why should you buy an Arteflame brand insert versus a less expensive imitation? What makes Arteflame different?
- Arteflame only uses certified steel. This steel is cleaned, rinsed and is scale free.
- When steel is made, an oxide layer referred to as “scale” appears. This is due to the scaly nature of its appearance that develops on the surface of the steel. This scale contains all the impurities in the steel that come to the surface when the steel cools. Arteflame uses an extensive cleaning process that removes any scale and all other impurities before we even start manufacturing. This results in the smooth, clean Arteflame insert surface you see and grill on.
- Arteflame steel then gets precision cut on expensive laser machines, wiped clean and oiled. This insures every Arteflame insert will have a smooth, food grade surface where no food particles can lodge and hide.
- This step, while more expensive, ensures a top quality product that is immediately ready for cooking and also guaranteed to be food grade safe.
Why is it so important to know what kind of steel you are cooking on? What you don’t know can make you ill.
Arteflame Steel vs Other Steel
- Almost all less expensive insert copies use regular steel because that way they can retail for a lot less than an Arteflame insert. However, the scale and impurities that have not been removed are still there and will end up in your food. This scale is unsafe for human consumption. You certainly do not want this on the surface of your insert for it will leech directly into your food.
- We are an American company with American values. We guarantee to take every measure to ensure you get a top quality insert that is food grade safe and will last you a lifetime.
- Arteflame is committed to making top quality products. We guarantee that none of our inserts contain lead, unlike other brands who use porcelain coated grills, grill grates and griddles.
- We guarantee that our inserts will not break or crack when dropped like cast iron inserts and we guarantee they do not contain Cadmium like chrome plated grill grates do.
- We are proud to manufacture in the US to the highest health standards.
- We are so confident you’ll love grilling Arteflame style that when you’re ready to purchase an Arteflame grill, we will refund you your insert purchase. Welcome to the Arteflame family!
Carbon Steel vs Cast Iron
Why use carbon steel cooktops rather than cast iron?
What is the difference and why is carbon steel better for you?
- Carbon Steel and Cast Iron are very similar. This is why both are very good for cooking and grilling. The main difference is that Carbon Steel contains about 1% Carbon while Cast Iron contains 2% - 3% Carbon. This difference might not sound like much but the carbon effects the grain structure of the metal.
- As the Carbon gets added to the steel mix, Carbon has a tendency to clump together into lumpy carbides and form pockets of pure carbon (graphite). When this happens, the metal becomes very hard and very brittle. It disrupts the grain of the metal, making it irregular, brittle and prone to cracking. This is the reason why Cast Iron often cracks or breaks.
- When Cast Iron is heated unevenly, the heat differential causes stress in the metal as the thermal expansion is uneven. When this stress encounters a pocket of carbon, Cast Iron cracks. This is also why Cast Iron often breaks when it is dropped. The area of high carbon is extremely brittle and can’t stand the shock.
- Because Carbon Steel has only 1% Carbon, this phenomena is negligible and much easier to control and prevent from cracking breaking or chipping. The grain structure in Carbon Steel is very uniform and virtually impervious to heat stress or shock.
- In addition to this, Carbon Steel is “rolled” in the steel mill. It is forced between heavy rollers while the steel is hot. After rolling the steel and getting it to the right thickness, the steel is “doused” with cold water that causes the grain structure to freeze in place. This makes Carbon Steel very strong and the choice material to cook on. Even with uneven heat loads or dropping Carbon Steel, it will not break or crack. This allows for a lifetime of use.
- In contrast, anything made of cast iron must be small in surface area. This is because the larger the surface area and the thinner the material, the more prone Cast Iron is to cracking and breaking. As a consequence cast iron is NOT a good choice for grills, inserts or any large surface product. This is why Arteflame only uses Carbon steel which will last a lifetime.
- In a grill, the heat is never uniform. This makes cast Iron an especially poor choice for grill inserts. For this reason, all Arteflame cooktops, inserts, griddles and Burger Pucks are made of only Carbon Steel.
- Center Grill Grate INCLUDED
- Select Inserts have notches to accommodate manufacture's accessories
- Various Weber Grill Grate Replacement Inserts sizes available
- Use with wood or charcoal
- Precision food grade finish using US steel
- Virtually maintenance-free, 60 second clean up.
- Cooktop seasons with use
- Will not break when dropped like cast iron or porcelain coated grates
- Made in USA from solid steel, designed to last a lifetime
- *Grill NOT INCLUDED* with purchase
Note: When the insert arrives, the cooktop will be silver (unseasoned). It will develop the dark color shown in the images once it's been used several times.
WARNING: Some Gear.com products can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Gear.com offers free ground shipping anywhere in the continental US for any order of $69 or more. Gear.com orders under $69 ship anywhere within the continental US for a flat rate of $9.95. Excludes oversized items - Oversized shipping rates apply automatically at checkout.
Shipment tracking typically takes 2 - 7 business days to update. We will notify you as soon as your tracking number becomes available. Please be sure to check your promotions, spam or junk mail folders for these updates. Once your order hits the road, standard shipping takes approximately 3 - 7 business days for delivery. During the Holidays the estimated shipping window is extended to approximately 5 - 10 business days.
Gear.com orders can be shipped from multiple warehouses across the United States and can be shipped using FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. Some brands have shipping restrictions and cannot ship to USPS PO BOX or Freight Forwarding addresses and will be noted on the product page description.
International and Expedited Shipping:
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com with any questions!
*For Freight-Forwarding Orders please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE placing your order. Restrictions apply.
We understand that not every purchase works out. New, unused gear in original packaging and hangtags can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment or for an exchange. We reserve the right to deny any return requests made after 30 days.
See also, damaged/defective products and warranty claims
- Must be fully disassembled.
- Must be returned in the original box.
- We reserve the right to refuse returns that are not fully disassembled and in the original shipping box.
How to return by mail
Due to high demand, our returns process may take longer than usual. Typically, we will issue a refund within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly and safely as possible. Please contact email@example.com for all return questions.
Follow these three steps to submit your return:
Visit our New Return Portal - returns.gear.com
To make shipping a return even easier, we have launched a New Return Portal that allows you to submit your return request. After we review your request and have authorization from the return warehouse, you will receive a prepaid return shipping label via email.
Please note: Oversized items (such as coolers, skis, furniture, large stoves and tents, etc) will be charged an oversized item return fee. Please don’t hesitate to ask firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about typical return shipping for an oversized item you may order.
Pack your return
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Prepare & ship your package
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you. We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card. PLEASE NOTE: PREPAID LABELS EXPIRE 15 DAYS FROM DATE WE SEND THEM TO YOU.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions of the Gear.com Return Policy will be declined and a refund will not be issued. Pictures may be required to confirm the condition of your return.
- All sales are final on gift cards, lift tickets, and passes, as noted at time of purchase.
Some items cannot be returned via our return portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
Store credit issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.
All other store credits expire 90 days from issuance, including credits issued by our Customer Success team or as part of a promotion.