SunStrip | Magnetic
Protect your car, bike, fishing rod, firearms and other gear with the all-new magnetic SunStrip™
- Quick, hassle-free magnetic application and removal.
- Soft waterproof material separates every part of SunStrip from car paint.
- Stays on full time - tested in all-weather conditions at highway speeds.
Will the magnetic SunStrip™ stay on while I'm driving?
- Yes! The magnetic SunStrip ™ has been built to stay on your car at highway speeds. Make sure the SunStrip™ is flat against the car so air cannot get underneath. (Warning: it might come off in the automated car wash!).
What are the dimensions of the magnetic SunStrip™?
- 9.5 inches long x 1.5 inches wide x 1.5 inches thick
FAQ - Bikes
Does the SunStrip fit all bike handles?
- The SunStrip can secure bikes with round handles as well as road bike handles by inserting the handle brake into the outermost groove
Does it work on a hill?
- A bike inserted into the SunStrip will stay put on only very slight hills (5° or less). Between all four sides of your car, you can almost always find a spot that works.
Can I pump my tires, adjust suspension, clean my chain etc. while my bike is on the SunStrip?
FAQ - Fishing Rods
Does the SunStrip fit all rods?
- Yes! If a guide gets in the way of a rod fitting fully into the SunStrip, simply turn the section 90 degrees either way, but this is almost always not necessary.
How many rods can I fit on the SunStrip?
- Between all of the grooves of the SunStrip, our record is 7. Let us know if you beat it!
How many times have you broken your rod by slamming it in the car door?
- More times than we’d like to admit, but never again!
FAQ - Firearms
Does the SunStrip fit all firearms?
- SunStrip will secure all barrels up to the diameter of a 12-gauge.
Any other requirements before using SunStrip for firearms?
How do I know if my car's magnetic?
- Most cars are magnetic. There are a few exceptions though (such as corvettes or other racing cars), and if body work has been done in a specific area it may no longer be magnetic. A simple way to test if your car is magnetic is to take a refrigerator magnet and stick it to the vehicle. If the refrigerator magnet sticks, the magnetic SunStrip™ will too.
How do I keep it from being stolen?
- We normally keep the magnetic SunStrip™ on our car throughout the day. Sometimes when we leave the parking spot we'll throw it in the trunk just in case!
Is it easy to remove?
- Yes! Simply pull off the magnetic SunStrip™ and the strong magnets will release
Can the SunStrip be used for anything other than bikes, fishing rods and firearms?
- Absolutely! We've used the SunStrip ™ to lean paddles, hiking poles etc. against our cars without having to worry about them falling over and scratching the car paint.
Why hasn't this always been in my life?
- We certainly wish it had been, and that's why we made it!
WARNING: Some Gear.com products can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Gear.com offers free ground shipping anywhere in the continental US for any order of $69 or more. Gear.com orders under $69 ship anywhere within the continental US for a flat rate of $9.95. Excludes oversized items - Oversized shipping rates apply automatically at checkout.
Shipment tracking typically takes 2 - 7 business days to update. We will notify you as soon as your tracking number becomes available. Please be sure to check your promotions, spam or junk mail folders for these updates. Once your order hits the road, standard shipping takes approximately 3 - 7 business days for delivery. During the Holidays the estimated shipping window is extended to approximately 5 - 10 business days.
Gear.com orders can be shipped from multiple warehouses across the United States and can be shipped using FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. Some brands have shipping restrictions and cannot ship to USPS PO BOX or Freight Forwarding addresses and will be noted on the product page description.
International and Expedited Shipping:
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com with any questions!
*For Freight-Forwarding Orders please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE placing your order. Restrictions apply.
Need to make a return? Grab your order number and visit our Returns Portal here.
We understand that not every purchase works out. New, unused gear in original packaging and hangtags can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment or for an exchange. We reserve the right to deny/refuse any return requests. Your return items are subject for a quality review, which may delay refunds.
Our returns process may take longer than usual. We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10-15 business days after we receive your package. After Gear.com issues a refund, it may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your payment. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly as possible. Please contact email@example.com for all return questions.
How to return by mail
Follow these three steps to submit your return:
Visit our Returns Portal - returns.gear.com
To make shipping a return even easier, our returns portal allows you to submit a return request. After we review your request and have authorization from the return warehouse, you will receive a prepaid return shipping label via email.
- Pictures may be required to confirm the condition of your return.
- Prepaid labels expire 15 days from the date we issue them.
- Oversized items are subject to an oversized return fee.
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions above, we reserve the right to deny/refuse the return.
- All items marked as "final sale" are not eligible for returns or exchanges.
Some items cannot be returned via our returns portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
- Must be fully disassembled.
- Must be returned in the original box.
- We reserve the right to refuse returns that are not fully disassembled and in the original shipping box.
Store credit issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.