125th Anniversary Standard Transit
Gear.com has a perfect 5-star average score on Trustpilot.
Celebrate Brunton and the Transit turning 125 years old with this anniversary edition of the new Standard Transit. You will be one of 125 lucky owners of this limited edition Pocket Transit.
This special edition Standard Transit comes with a custom product serial number (XXX of 125), a stamped leather case and a certificate of authenticity.
The Brunton Standard Transit retains full functionality of a classic Brunton, but offers the best low-angle strike and dip measurements, enhanced durability, and a sleek new design.
Dimensions: 3.1 x 2.8 x 1.3" | 7.9 x 7.1 x 3.4cm
Weight: 6.9oz | 195g
Azimuth: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
Internal Clinometer: +/-1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
Percent Grade: 5% graduations
Declination Adjustment: +/-180˚
• The flat bottom with a non-slip silicon foot allows for low angle strike and dip measurements.
• Designed with durability in mind, the Standard Transit is CNC machined from a nearly indestructible aluminum block while the hard-anodized finish resists scratches that will keep this transit looking brand new for years to come.
• The updated needle with a NeFeB disk magnet improves shock resistance and resists demagnetization over time.
• Open your beverage at the end of a long field day with an unobtrusive bottle opener that stays out of the way until needed.
• The induction dampening makes for a quick-settling needle.
• The sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement throughout the life of the instrument.
• The internal components are sealed with an O-ring for improved water and dust resistance. Note: Brunton Transits are NOT designed for use underwater, but are protected from rain and humidity.
• The mirror has a transparent sight for shooting accurate bearings within 1/2˚.
• Short and long sights provide additional functionality and accuracy when shooting bearings.
• A protective leather case is included and the belt attachment makes it easy to carry your Brunton Transit in the field.
• Made in the USA in Riverton, WY.
The new Brunton Standard Transit brings the classic features of a Brunton Transit to a sleeker instrument. It retains a nearly identical mechanical setup to the classic Brunton, but the aluminum housing is much more durable, which is great for field geologists that are in extreme environments. The biggest technical improvement is that the inclinometer lever is now contained within a recessed housing and the ring on the base has been removed, allowing for much easier low-angle measurements. Most folks won’t notice the switch to disk magnets, like those used in the high-end Brunton models, but the nice addition improves the response time of the magnetic needle. The small bottle opener on the side of the housing is also a nice touch and shows that Brunton understands its customers, but also gives the third best excuse to upgrade from your trusty old transit. Overall, this instrument combines the classic design of the Brunton Transit and the durability and flat base of the higher-price transits, in a much sleeker design.
Dr. Matthew McKay
Missouri State University
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Most Gear.com orders can be returned anytime within 30 days of purchase for any reason, as long as the product is unwashed/unworn/unused, and is still in its original packaging with original tags, etc. Some exceptions apply and will be noted on the product detail page, such as items marked final sale. As long as the return meets the requirements of our 30 day return policy we will email a prepaid return shipping label when a return request is submitted. To initiate a return request, please contact email@example.com with your gear.com order number and customer name.
Manufacturing Defect/Warranty Claims
If you experience a manufacturing defect outside of Gear.com’s 30 day return window, please contact the manufacturer directly. Gear.com does not provide any direct warranty services, though your purchase may be covered by a brand or manufacturer warranty. If a warranty claim requires a Proof of Purchase from Gear.com, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to email a copy if needed.