THE DEAN™ Hiking Backpack 50L
THE DEAN™ by Near Zero is an ultra-lightweight (only 3 lbs.), large capacity (50L) pack for overnight backpacking adventures. Near Zero’s patent-pending design delivers quick access to gear using a labeled, compartmentalized & removable organizational storage system to maximize stability, comfort, and weight distribution.
Easily access gear, stay organized, and ensure proper weight distribution with THE DEAN™, 50L pack from Near Zero.
- The ultimate backpacker's pack for lightweight weekend trips
- Patent-pending design provides THE FIRST overnight hiking backpack that allows you to conveniently compartmentalize your gear in labeled, easy-to-access sections of the pack
- Easily optimize comfort, proper weight distribution, and maximize gear organization
- Designed to assist backpackers in properly loading the pack, ensuring key gear essentials are not left behind.
- Labeled section panels guide where to load gear
- Mesh pockets for storage of lightweight food items and utensils
- The top of the pack includes an easy-access panel with three zippered mesh pouches for the organization of key essentials
- Large front panel access allows you to see contents at a quick glance and get to gear with ease
- No longer do you have to stuff all your gear down a hole from the top, only to question what is packed inside, or frustrate yourself by trying to find that one thing stuffed deep down in the pack
- Removable internal organizational dividers and labeling system for easy identification of gear placement
- Breathable mesh back panel system
- Hydration bladder easy access compartment, with bladder attachment buckle strap
- Large front panel stretch mesh pocket (perfect for holding shoes, wet cloths, or extra gear)
- Exterior cord storage system (great for attaching bear canister)
- Adjustable side and bottom straps for securing exterior gear (i.e., large sleeping pad)
- Trekking pole storage loops
- Adjustable sternum strap with integrated safety whistle
- YKK water-resistant silicone-sealed zippers
NOTE: Backpack only. Individual gear items as shown in pictures sold separately.
|Frame Type||Internal: Aluminum wire perimeter frame with aluminum-welded horizontal mid-section cross bar support|
|Gear Capacity (L)||50 liters|
|Gear Capacity (cu. in.)||3,051 cubic inches|
|Weight Capacity||35 lbs.|
|Adjustable Shoulder Straps||Yes|
|Adjustable Torso Length||No|
|Fits Torso Length (Size M)||17-20 inches; 43-51 cm|
|Fits Waist/Hips (Size M)||27-52 inches; 69-132 cm|
|Material||Ripstop nylon; water resistant|
|Hydrostatic Rating||5,000 mm|
|Side Water Bottle Pockets||2|
|Dimensions||26 (L) x 16 (W) x 9 (D) inches|
Shipping Time: Orders processed and shipped within same day, or next business day of placement date. Shipped from Arizona. Delivered in 2-6 days with FREE GROUND SHIPPING on all orders over $99 that ship within the 48 contiguous United States. Additional shipping options available.
WARNING: Some Gear.com products can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Gear.com offers free ground shipping anywhere in the continental US for any order of $69 or more. Gear.com orders under $69 ship anywhere within the continental US for a flat rate of $9.95. Excludes oversized items - Oversized shipping rates apply automatically at checkout.
Shipment tracking typically takes 2 - 7 business days to update. We will notify you as soon as your tracking number becomes available. Please be sure to check your promotions, spam or junk mail folders for these updates. Once your order hits the road, standard shipping takes approximately 3 - 7 business days for delivery. During the Holidays the estimated shipping window is extended to approximately 5 - 10 business days.
Gear.com orders can be shipped from multiple warehouses across the United States and can be shipped using FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. Some brands have shipping restrictions and cannot ship to USPS PO BOX or Freight Forwarding addresses and will be noted on the product page description.
International and Expedited Shipping:
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
*For Freight-Forwarding Orders please reach out to email@example.com BEFORE placing your order. Restrictions apply.
Need to make a return? Grab your order number and visit our Returns Portal here.
We understand that not every purchase works out. New, unused gear in original packaging and hangtags can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment or for an exchange. We reserve the right to deny/refuse any return requests. Your return items are subject for a quality review, which may delay refunds.
Our returns process may take longer than usual. We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10-15 business days after we receive your package. After Gear.com issues a refund, it may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your payment. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all return questions.
How to return by mail
Follow these three steps to submit your return:
Visit our Returns Portal - returns.gear.com
To make shipping a return even easier, our returns portal allows you to submit a return request. After we review your request and have authorization from the return warehouse, you will receive a prepaid return shipping label via email.
- Pictures may be required to confirm the condition of your return.
- Prepaid labels expire 15 days from the date we issue them.
- Oversized items are subject to an oversized return fee.
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions above, we reserve the right to deny/refuse the return.
- All items marked as "final sale" are not eligible for returns or exchanges.
Some items cannot be returned via our returns portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
- Must be fully disassembled.
- Must be returned in the original box.
- We reserve the right to refuse returns that are not fully disassembled and in the original shipping box.
Store credit issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.