Apex 55L Backpack
Designed specifically for the female backpacker, the 2019 Apex 55 WSD is built for more efficient, more comfortable carry from thru-hikes to multi-night backpack excursions.
Efficient pack carry starts with the hips.
The Apex 55 is built with our Tuning Fork Waistbelt, designed to cup the iliac crest of the hip bone for a more dynamic fit and improved load transfer. Increased padding on the lumbar pad and our signature Delta Load Compression System stabilize and transfer weight for more efficient and comfortable carry. With a sock-style shoulder strap construction (no seams or hard edges means no digging into the body), increased padding on the waistbelt, adjustable torso range, and a hex-ridged backpanel, the 2019 Apex 55 WSD offers unmatched comfort on every adventure. On trail, the advanced, tubular aluminum frame keeps the weight lower without sacrificing performance.
Whether you’re on the trail or at your campsite, reach for the U-shaped zipper for easy access into the main compartment. Store the essentials in the zippered top lid (secondary map pocket inside) and stash your phone in the stretch mesh zippered waistbelt pockets. What makes this pack women’s specific? On select Mountainsmith backpacks, we’ve designated specific regions of the pack fitment and sizing to better accommodate female torso structure. Precurved shoulder straps and waist belts as well as canted angles and contact points have been fine tuned for a better contour, a truer fit, and more efficient pack carry over unisex styles. All Mountainsmith products come with the Forged for Life Guarantee, the official Mountainsmith lifetime warranty.
- Front panel stretch mesh expansion pocket
- Forward pull waistbelt with delta compression side adjustment webbing
- Stretch mesh zippered waistbelt pockets for expanded volumes (Fits up to iPhone 8+ and Galaxy S9+)
- Front panel, large U-Shaped zippered access to main compartment
- Top lid zippered compartment with secondary pocket underneath
- Top storm collar with dual cinch cords and over the top compression strap
- Deep side panel expansion pockets with Over/Under strap pass thru
- Dual tool / trekking pole carry with elastic pole tip loops
- Aluminum hoop-frame suspension with dynamic hipbelt integration for increased load transfer
- Hex-ridged EVA backpanel padding for omni-directional airflow
- Women's specific dual density EVA/PU shoulder straps with adjustable height load lifters
- Increased lumbar pad thickness for load transfer into lower back
- 210d HT Nylon Micro R/S
- 420d HD Nylon Oxford
- 210d Nylon Embossed Liner
- 7000 Series Tubular Aluminum
- Dimensions: 24" x 10.25" x 8.5" (H x W x D)
- Torso Size: 15" - 18"
- Waistbelt: 28" - 48"
- 3425 cubic inches / 56 L (standard)
- 3725 cubic inches / 61 L (extended)
- Up to 50 lbs
- 4 lbs 5 oz / 1.9 kg
WARNING: Some Gear.com products can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive toxicity. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Gear.com offers free ground shipping anywhere in the continental US for any order of $69 or more. Gear.com orders under $69 ship anywhere within the continental US for a flat rate of $9.95. Excludes oversized items - Oversized shipping rates apply automatically at checkout.
Shipment tracking typically takes 2 - 7 business days to update. We will notify you as soon as your tracking number becomes available. Please be sure to check your promotions, spam or junk mail folders for these updates. Once your order hits the road, standard shipping takes approximately 3 - 7 business days for delivery. During the Holidays the estimated shipping window is extended to approximately 5 - 10 business days.
Gear.com orders can be shipped from multiple warehouses across the United States and can be shipped using FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. Some brands have shipping restrictions and cannot ship to USPS PO BOX or Freight Forwarding addresses and will be noted on the product page description.
International and Expedited Shipping:
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
*For Freight-Forwarding Orders please reach out to email@example.com BEFORE placing your order. Restrictions apply.
We understand that not every purchase works out. New, unused gear in original packaging and hangtags can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment or for an exchange. We reserve the right to deny any return requests made after 30 days.
See also, damaged/defective products and warranty claims
- Must be fully disassembled.
- Must be returned in the original box.
- We reserve the right to refuse returns that are not fully disassembled and in the original shipping box.
How to return by mail
Due to high demand, our returns process may take longer than usual. Typically, we will issue a refund within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly and safely as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all return questions.
Follow these three steps to submit your return:
Visit our New Return Portal - returns.gear.com
To make shipping a return even easier, we have launched a New Return Portal that allows you to submit your return request. After we review your request and have authorization from the return warehouse, you will receive a prepaid return shipping label via email.
Please note: Oversized items (such as coolers, skis, furniture, large stoves and tents, etc) will be charged an oversized item return fee. Please don’t hesitate to ask email@example.com if you have any questions about typical return shipping for an oversized item you may order.
Pack your return
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Prepare & ship your package
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you. We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card. PLEASE NOTE: PREPAID LABELS EXPIRE 15 DAYS FROM DATE WE SEND THEM TO YOU.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions of the Gear.com Return Policy will be declined and a refund will not be issued. Pictures may be required to confirm the condition of your return.
- All sales are final on gift cards, lift tickets, and passes, as noted at time of purchase.
Some items cannot be returned via our return portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
Store credit issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.
All other store credits expire 90 days from issuance, including credits issued by our Customer Success team or as part of a promotion.