Ultra Plus MIPS
Gear.com has 100% perfect five-star reviews on Trustpilot.
This Ultra Plus MIPS includes: MIPS, Bugnet, Visor, and Remote Pro
Lumos Helmet's newest, most popular helmet at the friendliest price. Lumos Ultra Plus MIPS will simplify your life, protect your head and help prevent accidents.
It comes integrated with 3 COB LED modules that give you a full 360˚ coverage - ensuring you’re seen by motorists from all angles. It also has turn signals that you can activate using the included remote or an Apple Watch.
Ultra is equipped with a click-dial fit system to ensure that it sits firmly, yet comfortably, on your head.
Go the extra mile and kit out your helmet with the MIPS option.
MIPS is a helmet-integrated brain protection system designed to provide additional brain protection in the event of angled or rotational impacts. All MIPS certified helmets are tested to withstand an impact speed of up to 6.2 meters per second.
Ultra Bug Net
Hate getting pesky bugs in your hair while you ride? Protect yourself with this bug net and bid good riddance to annoying insects.
Protect your eyes from the harmful rays of the sun with this visor. It’s not only functional but also fashionable.
This visor features a strong seal to ensure that the seams does not fray.
Lumos Ultra is compatible with Strava and the Apple Watch.
Adjustable from 54cm to 61cm - One Size Fits Most Adults & Teens.
Why the Lumos Ultra is better than conventional helmets
1. Better positioned lights
It’s just science. Bright lights placed at eye-level are more visible then traditional bike lights. With 98 integrated COB LEDs designed to give 360˚ visibility, you’ll be more visible to motorists all around you.
2. Integrated turn signals, better predictability
Take away the guesswork by letting traffic around you know which direction you’re turning.
3. Unmatchable convenience
An integrated LED helmet eliminates the need to be reliant on multiple products. Never forget your bike lights or have them stolen again. Front light, rear light, turn signals, and brake lights - one helmet.
Integrated Turn Signals
Visible from ALL angles
98 COB LEDs
Crash Test Certified
CPSC | EN1078
Over 10 hours of Battery Life
- Length: 10.83" (27.5cm)
- Width: 8.27" (21cm)
- Height: 6.10" (15.5cm)
- 13.05 oz. (370g)
- Front: 30 White LEDs
- Rear: 64 Red LEDs
- COB LEDs for a more uniform look
- Turn signal capable
- Automatic brake lights (optional upgrade)
- Battery Life: 4-10 hours dependent on settings
- 3.7V 1100mAh Lithium Polymer rechargeable battery
- 3 hours charging time
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Apple Watch
- Apple Health
- Strava Compatible
Your helmet must fit properly to be effective. With a proper fit, the helmet will not move back and forth or side to side while fastened. The helmet can only protect if it fits well.
The fit system is completely adjustable to help you find the most comfortable configuration. You can tighten or loosen the rear adjustment dial to fit the circumference of your head as required.
The correct position on your head
1. Loosen off the retention system and place the helmet on your head.
2. The correct position of the helmet is just out of your eyeline, not touching your eyebrows. Make sure the helmet is not leaning forward too much, as it can block your sight. The helmet should also not sit too much backwards, because then it will not protect against frontal impacts. See below pictures for reference.
3. Tighten up the retention system by turning the adjustment knob on the back until the helmet feels snug.
Adjust the straps
4. Adjust the strap tension at the buckle so that the helmet is strapped snugly. Tighten the strap as required to obtain a snug fit. With the helmet on and tightly fastened, make sure the helmet cannot be removed from your head or rolled backward or forward excessively. Be sure that the buckle is not pressing against your jawbone.
5. When properly fitted and adjusted, your ears should not be covered by any part of the straps.
6. Make sure the helmet is not blocking your peripheral vision. To check for proper tension, put on the helmet and fasten the buckle. Open your mouth. You should feel the strap pulling against your chin. Then attempt to pull the helmet off the front or rear. If the helmet comes off, increase the strap tension and examine if thick enough pads are being used. The helmet should not be able to roll forward or backward excessively. It should not be possible to remove the helmet without unfastening the buckle.
NOTE: Please check adjustment every time you wear your helmet.
The Kickstart and Ultra helmet both come with one black lycra padding set.
The Matrix and Street both come with 2 different padding sets. The MIPS versions of these helmets come with the same paddings in black to better match with the yellow MIPS layer.
The red padding is thicker and more suitable for smaller heads. For larger heads, the thinner turquoise padding will probably fit you best. Every head is different, so we recommend to try out both paddings and also mix and match, to get the best fit for your head.
Gear.com offers free ground shipping anywhere in the continental US for any order of $49 or more. Gear.com orders under $49 ship anywhere within the continental US for a flat rate of $4.95.
Shipment tracking typically takes 2 - 7 business days to update. We will notify you as soon as your tracking number becomes available. Please be sure to check your promotions, spam or junk mail folders for these updates. Standard shipping takes approximately 3 - 7 business days from the time the item ships. During the Holidays the estimated shipping window is extended to approximately 5 - 10 business days.
Gear.com orders can be shipped from multiple warehouses across the Untitled States and can be shipped using FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. Some brands have shipping restrictions and cannot ship to USPS PO BOX or Freight Forwarding addresses and will be noted on the product page description.
International and Expedited Shipping:
International and Expedited Shipping:
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
*For Freight-Forwarding Orders please reach out to email@example.com BEFORE placing your order. Restrictions apply.
100% Guaranteed Returns
We understand that not every purchase works out, which is why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. New, unused gear in original packaging and hangtags can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment or for an exchange.
All returns for refund will have a $8.95 restocking fee deducted from the refund amount. Excluding returns for exchange or store credit. If the original method of payment is unavailable, we will issue your refund in the form of store credit.
How to return by mail
Due to high demand, our returns process may take longer than usual. Typically, we will issue a refund within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card or for a refund check to arrive. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly and safely as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all return questions.
Follow these three steps to submit your return:
Visit our New Return Portal
To make shipping a return even easier, we have launched a New Return Portal that allows you to submit your return request. After we review your request and have authorization from the return warehouse, you will receive a prepaid return shipping label via email.
Please note: Oversized items (such as coolers, skis, furniture, large stoves and tents, etc) will be charged an oversized item return fee. Please don’t hesitate to ask email@example.com if you have any questions about typical return shipping for an oversized item you may order.
Pack your return
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Prepare & ship your package
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you. We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card. PLEASE NOTE: PREPAID LABELS EXPIRE 15 DAYS FROM DATE WE SEND THEM TO YOU.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions of the Gear.com Return Policy will be declined and a refund will not be issued.
- All returns will be charged a $8.95 restocking fee. Excluding returns for exchange or store credit.
- All sales are final on gift cards, lift tickets, and passes, as noted at time of purchase.
- If you prefer to work directly with a carrier to ship your return, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an RMA and return shipping address.
Mail-in return exceptions
Some items cannot be returned via our return portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
Store credits issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.
All other store credits expire 90 days from issuance, including credits issued by our Customer Success team or as part of a promotion.
Manufacturing Defect/Warranty Claims
If you experience a manufacturing defect, or it's outside of the Gear.com 30 day return window, please contact the manufacturer directly. Gear.com does not provide any direct warranty services, though your purchase may be covered by a brand or manufacturer warranty. If a warranty claim requires a Proof of Purchase from Gear.com, please contact email@example.com and we'll be happy to email a copy if needed.