Distance 15 Pack
Gear.com has 100% perfect five-star reviews on Trustpilot.
Engineered to redefine your line by giving you the ability to blend mountain terrain and activities, the Distance 15 is a hybrid pack that transcends barriers. By combining running-vest technology with our award-winning pack design, the Distance 15 moves with you while you run yet carries alpine gear with purpose-built features, so you have the gear you need when the trail ends, and the climbing begins. Built from our UHMWP 10x Ripstop Yarns—the same burly material we use in our climbing dogbones and Ultralight Camalots—the Distance fabric is literally 10-times stronger than steel per weight, while remaining so light it floats in water. The shoulder strap harness system utilizes our Stitch-less Edge Taping Technology—meaning the shoulder strap edge binding is fully edge taped instead of sewn, more like today’s innovative sportswear then a traditional running backpack—which allows for superior comfort, movement, and weight reduction. Also, the harness system is constructed with an adjustable, elastic-cording side compression system, which gives you a more secure ride while running, scrambling and climbing. This vest-like system also includes dual flask pockets that fit two BD HydraPak® SoftFlask™ (sold separately) and a Deploy pocket to stash the BD Deploy Wind Shell gusty ridge traverses and emergencies. The pack portion of the Distance includes a quick Blitz-style main opening with a stash pocket to tuck away essentials, while a mesh divider wall can store cordelette or a water bladder that can integrate with the pack’s hose routing. On the pack’s exterior, the Distance 15 includes dual piolet/ice axe holsters, and dual Z-Pole quiver sleeves to stash your trekking poles when the terrain changes. Dual front stretch pockets are an extra place to stash nutrition or gear, making the Distance 15 an ultra-versatile pack for moving light and fast in the mountains.
- Dynex (Nylon 100d + PE 200d) body material with Dynex Ripstop yarns for bomber tear resistance that is 10x stronger than steel per weight
- Quick Blitz-style main opening with slash pocket to tuck all excess skirt cording
- Stitch-less Edge Taping Technology for superior shoulder strap comfort, movement and weight reduction
- Dual side compression with reflective ticking
- Dual Piolet / ice tool carry with metal dogbone for secure pick attachment
- Dual Z-Pole Quiver Sleeves to securely carry trekking poles while running and scrambling
- Adjustable elastic cording side compression system for a more secure ride while running and scrambling
- BD.dry™ vapor barrier back panel lets sweat vapor escape while keeping pack contents dry
- Fully water resistant main compartment for high altitude / 4-season running and climbing
- Dual 4-way stretch zippered chest pockets with expandable volume and locking zipper pullers
- Dual soft flask pockets with BD branded HydraPak® 500ml SoftFlask™ (sold separately) made of ultra-durable, abrasion resistant TPU & RF welded seams for superior durability and elasticity
- 100% BPA & PVC free
- Dual front stretch pockets with elastic closure for nutrition storage
- Deploy pocket for the new Deploy Wind Shell
- Interior stretch mesh divider wall to hold alpine cordelette / water bladders
- Interior zippered security pocket for wallet and key storage
- Materials: UHMWPE 100d Nylon 4mm Ripstop
- Average Stock Weight: 394 g (13.89oz)
- Volume: 15 L (915 cu in)
Gear.com offers free ground shipping anywhere in the continental US for any order of $49 or more. Gear.com orders under $49 ship anywhere within the continental US for a flat rate of $4.95.
Shipment tracking typically takes 2 - 7 business days to update. We will notify you as soon as your tracking number becomes available. Please be sure to check your promotions, spam or junk mail folders for these updates. Standard shipping takes approximately 3 - 7 business days from the time the item ships. During the Holidays the estimated shipping window is extended to approximately 5 - 10 business days.
Gear.com orders can be shipped from multiple warehouses across the Untitled States and can be shipped using FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. Some brands have shipping restrictions and cannot ship to USPS PO BOX or Freight Forwarding addresses and will be noted on the product page description.
International and Expedited Shipping:
International and Expedited Shipping:
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
*For Freight-Forwarding Orders please reach out to email@example.com BEFORE placing your order. Restrictions apply.
100% Guaranteed Returns
We understand that not every purchase works out, which is why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. New, unused gear in original packaging and hangtags can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment or for an exchange.
All returns for refund will have a $8.95 restocking fee deducted from the refund amount. Excluding returns for exchange or store credit. If the original method of payment is unavailable, we will issue your refund in the form of store credit.
How to return by mail
Due to high demand, our returns process may take longer than usual. Typically, we will issue a refund within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card or for a refund check to arrive. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly and safely as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all return questions.
Follow these three steps to submit your return:
Visit our New Return Portal
To make shipping a return even easier, we have launched a New Return Portal that allows you to submit your return request. After we review your request and have authorization from the return warehouse, you will receive a prepaid return shipping label via email.
Please note: Oversized items (such as coolers, skis, furniture, large stoves and tents, etc) will be charged an oversized item return fee. Please don’t hesitate to ask email@example.com if you have any questions about typical return shipping for an oversized item you may order.
Pack your return
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Prepare & ship your package
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you. We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card. PLEASE NOTE: PREPAID LABELS EXPIRE 15 DAYS FROM DATE WE SEND THEM TO YOU.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions of the Gear.com Return Policy will be declined and a refund will not be issued.
- All returns will be charged a $8.95 restocking fee. Excluding returns for exchange or store credit.
- All sales are final on gift cards, lift tickets, and passes, as noted at time of purchase.
- If you prefer to work directly with a carrier to ship your return, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an RMA and return shipping address.
Mail-in return exceptions
Some items cannot be returned via our return portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
Store credits issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.
All other store credits expire 90 days from issuance, including credits issued by our Customer Success team or as part of a promotion.
Manufacturing Defect/Warranty Claims
If you experience a manufacturing defect, or it's outside of the Gear.com 30 day return window, please contact the manufacturer directly. Gear.com does not provide any direct warranty services, though your purchase may be covered by a brand or manufacturer warranty. If a warranty claim requires a Proof of Purchase from Gear.com, please contact email@example.com and we'll be happy to email a copy if needed.