This item will not ship to PO BOXES.
Three season, freestanding, backpacking tent
The Blacktail 3, 3 person tent is light enough for the backcountry backpacking and strong enough for the front country camping. A tried and true shelter with excellent value for backpackers who want a super comfortable tent after a long day on the trail. The Blacktail 3 tent offers spacious sleeping areas with easy access through two, side-entry doors and vestibules, making early morning entry and exit with a tent-mate more stealth when nature calls.
- Light enough for the backcountry, strong enough for the front country
- Features two doors and two vestibules
- Storm flaps on vestibule zipper
- Symmetrical pole structure with pre-bent poles for increased head space
- Dual-zipper door is smooth closing and the discrete seam design creates a clean, modern aesthetic
- Dual-zipper door allows for easy entry. Use only one zipper for quick reach-through access
- Quick Stash door keeper on tent body door makes stowing unzipped door quick and easy
- Media pockets enable clean earbud-cord routing from phones or other devices
- Two fly vents for increased air flow and reduced condensation
- Low Vent feature on the vestibule doors for more air flow while still providing vestibule coverage
- Ready to pitch; with pre-cut guylines and tensioners attached to fly
- Reflective guy lines and webbing on tent corners
- To extend the life of your tent floor we recommend using a Big Agnes footprint - sold separately
- Multiple interior loops for attaching gear lofts, accessories and mtnGLO® Tent & Camp Lights
- Fast Fly setup available
Trail Weight: 5lb 3oz
Total Weight: 5lb 11oz
Packed Size: 22" x 7
Floor Area: 44ft²
Vestibule Area: 9ft² + 9ft²
Head Height: 44"
Fast Fly Weight: 3lb 14oz
Footprint Weight: 10oz
Fly and floor are polyester
Fly and floor have 1500mm waterproof polyurethane coating
Tent body is polyester breathable and polyester mesh
All seams taped with waterproof polyurethane tape
Lightweight aluminum pole system with prebends
Plastic clips attach tent body to pole frame
4 interior mesh pockets, 2 media pockets & 8 lightweight aluminum hook stakes
Gear loft loops included
Fits the Large Trapezoid, Triangle, Large Wall, Wall & Square gear lofts - sold separately
WARNING: Some Gear.com products can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Gear.com offers free ground shipping anywhere in the continental US for any order of $69 or more. Gear.com orders under $69 ship anywhere within the continental US for a flat rate of $9.95. Excludes oversized items - Oversized shipping rates apply automatically at checkout.
Shipment tracking typically takes 2 - 7 business days to update. We will notify you as soon as your tracking number becomes available. Please be sure to check your promotions, spam or junk mail folders for these updates. Once your order hits the road, standard shipping takes approximately 3 - 7 business days for delivery. During the Holidays the estimated shipping window is extended to approximately 5 - 10 business days.
Gear.com orders can be shipped from multiple warehouses across the United States and can be shipped using FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. Some brands have shipping restrictions and cannot ship to USPS PO BOX or Freight Forwarding addresses and will be noted on the product page description.
International and Expedited Shipping:
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
*For Freight-Forwarding Orders please reach out to email@example.com BEFORE placing your order. Restrictions apply.
Need to make a return? Grab your order number and visit our Returns Portal here.
We understand that not every purchase works out. New, unused gear in original packaging and hangtags can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment or for an exchange. We reserve the right to deny/refuse any return requests.
See also, damaged/defective products and warranty claims
Due to high demand, our returns process may take longer than usual. Typically, we will issue a refund within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly and safely as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all return questions.
How to return by mail
Follow these three steps to submit your return:
Visit our Returns Portal - returns.gear.com
To make shipping a return even easier, our returns portal allows you to submit a return request. After we review your request and have authorization from the return warehouse, you will receive a prepaid return shipping label via email.
Please note: Oversized items (such as coolers, skis, furniture, large stoves and tents, etc) will be charged an oversized item return fee. Please don’t hesitate to ask email@example.com if you have any questions about typical return shipping for an oversized item you may order.
Pack your return
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Prepare & ship your package
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you. We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card. PLEASE NOTE: PREPAID LABELS EXPIRE 15 DAYS FROM DATE WE SEND THEM TO YOU.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions of the Gear.com Return Policy will be declined and a refund will not be issued. Pictures may be required to confirm the condition of your return.
- All items marked as "final sale" are not eligible for returns.
Some items cannot be returned via our returns portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
- Must be fully disassembled.
- Must be returned in the original box.
- We reserve the right to refuse returns that are not fully disassembled and in the original shipping box.
Store credit issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.