ATK Candy 5 Junior Binding
Perfect for kids!
Kids love to ski, but don't enjoy getting too tired climbing. Make it more enjoyable for them with the Candy 5 – the lightest junior binding.
The innovative Candy 5 is an extremely light 280 grams, solidly built, reliable and easy to use binding that is perfect for kids. All the technical features are designed specifically for ultra-light users (<40 kg).See our special youth ski packages - Boost Junior skis and skins and Pure Junior boots along with the Candy 5 bindings make the perfect youth ski touring packages.
The ATK Candy 5 is designed down to the smallest detail for ultra-light skiers. It is very light, with a minimalist design and low release values of 1.5 to 5. The simplified design offers the best performance and highest quality for young ski mountaineers with high aspirations.
The 280 gram Candy 5 – including length adjustment, brakes and crampon mounts – is very light, less than half the weight of alternatives. Other bindings touting low weight or price include neither brakes or crampon mounts. The Candy 5 weighs just 240 grams with brakes removed.
The Candy 5 has a long 50mm adjustment range. Mount them towards the shorter end and there is room for 5 boot sizes of growth! For growing kids it is a great way to go. The DIN 1.5 to 5 release makes the Candy 5 ideal for kids.
Easy toe entry and quick and secure clamping is superior to standard tech bindings. The toe is designed for much easier step-in, even with older and worn boots.
The heel CAM system provides precise and reliable retention and release. The elastic response system in the heel ensures perfect flex of the ski during compression and excellent skiing performance. The heel piece can be turned in any direction. Step in is very easy.
The brake is equipped with an ELASTIC SLIDE on the pad in contact with the boot that keeps the lateral release value of the binding fixed. The brake arms are extra long with wide hooks to stop your skis quickly. Matching crampons easily slide into the crampon hooks when needed. All adjustments on the binding can be made with a standard Phillips screwdriver.
The Candy 5 perfectly embodies Hagan's prime values: durability, performance, ease of use and value. Package it with our Boost Junior skis, or shorter Pure, Ultra and Core series skis for an outstanding touring package for kids.
NOTE: The Candy 5 comes stock as pictured – I.e., without heel risers. For climbs, turn the heel piece a quarter turn (90 degrees) either way for an elevated climbing position. For steeper climbs, add the easily user installed ATK AL10 heel risers.
• Release setting range: 1.5 - 5 with independent vertical and lateral adjustment.
• The "Carbon" toe-piece design is adjusted to make it even easier to use for kids, thanks to softer springs and a larger, front lever made of POM to make it even more durable.
• The simplified heel offers two walking positions (flat, +30mm) with 50 mm of length adjustment.
• The CAM RELEASE SYSTEM offers such a soft boot step in that just a few kilograms of pressure are required to snap in.
• The Elastic Response System (12 mm of absorption) guarantees optimal functionality of the release systems.
• The rear ski brake system is available in five sizes (75, 86, 91, 97, 102 mm) and has a much softer lock button spring than the standard model.
• Ideal Ski: Weight: 700 - 1300 grams, Width: 65 - 102 mm.
Candy 5 FeaturesWEIGHT: 280 grams.
REVOLUTIONARY SKI-BRAKE: incredibly light and easy to operate; two positions (retracted for uphill and released for downhill) via pushing a catch lever. See the short videos for brake operation.
ELASTIC RESPONSE SYSTEM: an elastic sliding system in the heel allows unrestrained flex of the ski during compression and excellent skiing performance.
SKI BRAKE ELASTIC SLIDE: integrated in the ski-brake pad to keep the lateral release value of the binding fixed.
SKI BRAKE: included, with sizes 75, 86, 91, 97 and 102 mm to provide the perfect fit with any ski model.
CAM HEEL RELEASE SYSTEM ® (Adjustable Release 1.5 to 5): a cam system which drives the Vertical release (My) of the binding in case of a fall. The cam system is extremely precise and reliable, and at the same time very light and small.
ROTATIONAL SYSTEM (Adjustable Release 1.5 to 5): this patented system provides the side release (Mz) adjustment.
50 mm ADJUSTMENT PLATE: integrated in the heel part enables fast adjustment in case of boot substitution (up to 5 full sizes).
INTEGRATED CRAMPON HOOKS ®: the included and removable crampon hooks integrate into the base of the toe piece for extreme rigidity and lightness!!
MATERIALS: Aluminum alloy, Injection-molded POM thermo-plastic, Stainless steel
- Boost Junior skis
FREE SHIPPING $69+ - EXCLUDES OVERSIZED ITEMS
Gear.com offers free ground shipping anywhere in the continental US for any order of $69 or more. Gear.com orders under $69 ship anywhere within the continental US for a flat rate of $9.95. Excludes oversized items - Oversized shipping rates apply automatically at checkout.
Shipment tracking typically takes 2 - 7 business days to update. We will notify you as soon as your tracking number becomes available. Please be sure to check your promotions, spam or junk mail folders for these updates. Once your order hits the road, standard shipping takes approximately 3 - 7 business days for delivery. During the Holidays the estimated shipping window is extended to approximately 5 - 10 business days.
Gear.com orders can be shipped from multiple warehouses across the United States and can be shipped using FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. Some brands have shipping restrictions and cannot ship to USPS PO BOX or Freight Forwarding addresses and will be noted on the product page description.
International and Expedited Shipping:
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com with any questions!
*For Freight-Forwarding Orders please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE placing your order. Restrictions apply.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
Need to make a return? Grab your order number and visit our Returns Portal here.
We are not responsible for any lost or stolen packages that have been successfully delivered. You're welcome to submit a lost package investigation through the mail carrier. The only way to receive a reimbursement or replacement of a lost or stolen package is by purchasing shipping insurance via Onward Protection at checkout.
We understand that not every purchase works out. New, unused gear in original packaging and attached hangtags can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment or for an exchange.
All Returns are subject to a $5.95 return processing fee. Exchanges are free and will not incur a charge.
We reserve the right to deny/refuse any return requests.
The returned items are subject to a quality review, which may delay refunds.
If a Return Label is altered in any way, this action disqualifies the order from being eligible for return and will not receive a refund. See examples of this below:
- The Return Label is placed on an empty package
- The Return Label ship from address gets changed from the original address of delivery
- The Return Label's approved weight gets altered from the original package weight.
Return-fraud offenders will be blocked from placing future orders.
We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10-15 business days after we receive your package. After Gear.com issues a refund, it may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your payment. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly as possible. Please contact email@example.com for all return questions.
How to return by mail
Follow these three steps to submit your return:
Visit our Returns Portal - returns.gear.com
To make shipping a return even easier, our returns portal allows you to submit a return request. After we review your request and have authorization from the return warehouse, you will receive a prepaid return shipping label via email.
- Pictures may be required to confirm the condition of your return.
- Prepaid labels expire 15 days from the date we issue them.
- Oversized items are subject to an oversized return fee.
Pack your return
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Prepare & ship your package
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions above, we reserve the right to deny/refuse the return.
- All items marked as "final sale" are not eligible for returns or exchanges.
Some items cannot be returned via our returns portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
E-Bikes and E-Scooters Returns
- We reserve the right to refuse returns.
- In order for your return to be valid, it cannot be opened or assembled.
- If you have assembled or opened your E-Bike or E-Scooter, it cannot be returned.
MURF ELECTRIC BIKES RETURNS NOTICE:
Murf Electric Bike returns within 7 days of delivery date must meet the following conditions:
- Must have less than 10 miles on the odometer,
- Must be in like new condition and free from dirt, dust, or fragrances
- Must be in the same packaging (all cardboard and foam) and condition that you received it
- Must include all items that were included inside the box (charger, keys, etc.)
- The purchaser is responsible for all return shipping fees.
- Customer will be responsible for scheduling their own pickup/drop off of or locate a drop-off location.
- Refunds will be made after the bike is received and inspected. The inspection process will typically take about 14 days once the bike is received. Once the entire inspection is completed and approved, your refund will typically be processed in about 1-2 business days.
- No returns after 7 days from date of delivery or pick up.
- Must be fully disassembled.
- Must be returned in the original box.
- We reserve the right to refuse returns that are not fully disassembled and in the original shipping box.
Store credit issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.