Lots of people have more than one helmet. Maybe you want to swap out your Kitty Ears from one helmet to another. Or maybe you got a new helmet and want to pop your devil horns onto the new helmet. This set includes two rare earth magnet nubbins with fresh new adhesive.
For those who will be breaking the sound barrier on their motorcycles or doing activities such as skydiving or whitewater, grab a pair of Speed Tabs (sold separately). They will more permanently attach your Flair to the Nubbin. All good if you're not looking to swap them out or spin them around.
How do I mount this onto my Helmet?
This design has two parts:
The Nubbins: These rare earth magnetic bases use high strength VHB tape to adhere to the helmet surface.
The Flair: This is the neat stuff. All of the Flair is compatible with their Nubbins. This means you can collect lots of colors and trade out with your friends.
Inside the package, you will find instructions to help you install your Helmet Flair with an alcohol swab to prep your helmet surface.
How do I know what design will work on my helmet?
There are heaps of different helmet designs out there. Helmet Flair will work on almost every helmet. Before deciding on a design, take a look at your helmet to see if you have some flat space to mount the Nubbins (magnet bases). Helmet Flair recommends that you have at least 3/4 inches of good plastic to adhere the Nubbins onto the helmet.
If you are mounting Helmet Flair onto a snow sports helmet or a motorcycle helmet, you’ll want to consider your visor and/or your goggles. Remember to put your goggles in their up position as well. It’s so sad to get excited about a design only to realize it’s not compatible.
Check out Helmet Flair's Instagram and Facebook Page, you will see the most common mounting locations for the different designs. Don’t worry, you can get creative and place them in whatever way you’d like.
Here are some tips based on the range of Helmet Flair designs:
- Small Horns: These are great with helmets of all kind as they can mount far enough back on your helmet so your visor or goggles can go into the 'up' position. With six colors to choose from, you can collect them all and make your own combinations.
- Large Horns: If you are looking to make a strong statement with your helmet horns, these are for you. Proportionally, they look the best on motorcycle helmets because they are bigger. And remember that these were tested at 180mph on a free fall.... ride as fast as you'd like.
- Unicorn Horn: Feeling magical? Yeah, thought so. The unicorn horn can be mounted on your helmet further forward if you are using a bicycle or skateboard helmet. For motorcycle helmets, you'll want to mount it a bit further back. If you are feeling really wild, mount a whole bunch of them in a row to make your own helmet mohawk!
- Kitty Ears: Meow! This set is perfect for all helmets. Their low profile make the cat ears a perfect match for your motorcycle helmet because they will withstand the winds. You can get both purple and pink kitty ears to swap out as your mood changes.
- Rhino Horns: These are best suited to bicycle and skateboard helmets because they look best when they are far enough forward to get that rhino effect. Of course, like with all Helmet Flair products, you can mount them however you'd like, so get creative.
- Banana: This one was an afterthought for Helmet Flair's design team, but has turned out the be one of their most popular helmet decoration designs. You can mount the banana to look like it's going through your head or like it's curved. Totally up to you.
How fast can I go with my Helmet Flair?
All Helmet Flair's products have been tested at some pretty high speeds, but if you are worried about knocking them off with an activity like fast riding, skydiving or rock climbing, you can always permanently attach the Flair to the Nubbin with double sided tape or Speed Tabs. Remember that Helmet Flair is not a safety device, so use good judgement to ensure you don't compromise the safety features of your helmet.
Will my Helmet Flair just come off?
Wind alone will normally not knock your Flair off. If you knock them off with a ski pole or from a heated Unicorn fencing match, no sweat. Just pop them back on. The Flair was intentionally designed to pop off in the event of a crash. This ensures that the helmet can do its job of protecting your brain.
Can I remove the Nubbin (magnet base)?
Helmet Flair uses the same kind of adhesives as a GoPro mount. You can remove it by prying it off and getting the remaining adhesive off with something like Goo Gone.
Gear.com offers free ground shipping anywhere in the continental US for any order of $49 or more. Gear.com orders under $49 ship anywhere within the continental US for a flat rate of $9.95. Excludes oversized items - Oversized shipping rates apply automatically at checkout.
Shipment tracking typically takes 2 - 7 business days to update. We will notify you as soon as your tracking number becomes available. Please be sure to check your promotions, spam or junk mail folders for these updates. Once your order hits the road, standard shipping takes approximately 3 - 7 business days for delivery. During the Holidays the estimated shipping window is extended to approximately 5 - 10 business days.
Gear.com orders can be shipped from multiple warehouses across the United States and can be shipped using FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. Some brands have shipping restrictions and cannot ship to USPS PO BOX or Freight Forwarding addresses and will be noted on the product page description.
International and Expedited Shipping:
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com with any questions!
*For Freight-Forwarding Orders please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE placing your order. Restrictions apply.
We understand that not every purchase works out. New, unused gear in original packaging and hangtags can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment or for an exchange.
How to return by mail
Due to high demand, our returns process may take longer than usual. Typically, we will issue a refund within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card or for a refund check to arrive. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly and safely as possible. Please contact email@example.com for all return questions.
Follow these three steps to submit your return:
Visit our New Return Portal
To make shipping a return even easier, we have launched a New Return Portal that allows you to submit your return request. After we review your request and have authorization from the return warehouse, you will receive a prepaid return shipping label via email.
Please note: Oversized items (such as coolers, skis, furniture, large stoves and tents, etc) will be charged an oversized item return fee. Please don’t hesitate to ask firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about typical return shipping for an oversized item you may order.
Pack your return
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Prepare & ship your package
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you. We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card. PLEASE NOTE: PREPAID LABELS EXPIRE 15 DAYS FROM DATE WE SEND THEM TO YOU.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions of the Gear.com Return Policy will be declined and a refund will not be issued.
- All sales are final on gift cards, lift tickets, and passes, as noted at time of purchase.
- If you prefer to work directly with a carrier to ship your return, please reach out to email@example.com to request an RMA and return shipping address.
Mail-in return exceptions
Some items cannot be returned via our return portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
Store credits issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.
All other store credits expire 90 days from issuance, including credits issued by our Customer Success team or as part of a promotion.
Manufacturing Defect/Warranty Claims
If you experience a manufacturing defect, or it's outside of the Gear.com 30 day return window, please contact the manufacturer directly. Gear.com does not provide any direct warranty services, though your purchase may be covered by a brand or manufacturer warranty. If a warranty claim requires a Proof of Purchase from Gear.com, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to email a copy if needed.