Borealis 35L Camera Backpack
Gear.com has 100% perfect five-star reviews on Trustpilot.
Built for rugged outdoor photo adventures, the Borealis combines the protection and organization of a camera bag with the comfort and efficiency of a technical backpack. On the trails, slopes, and far off lands, it offers the best of both worlds for any camera intensive pursuit.
The outdoors can be hard on your camera gear. Whether you’re heading out for a shoot, or just bringing your camera gear along, the Borealis is the DSLR camera backpack built to move smoothly and safely through the backcountry. With separate camera and laptop compartments, extra storage space for your 10 essentials, and an included waterproof rain cover, the camera pack keeps your gear accessible while taking on the elements.
As part of the Andy Mann Signature Series, the Borealis was tested in some of the Earth's harshest climates. Mountainsmith pro and forerunner in the world of adventure film and ocean conservation photography, co-designer Andy Mann is an experienced climber, diver, and arctic explorer whose imagery is helping tell the story of our rapidly changing planet. His adventures take him to all 7 continents for National Geographic Magazine, National Geographic’s Pristine Seas, and more.
- Bottom panel clamshell opening
- Side-access padded laptop compartment (Fits most 17.0” screens)
- Padded compartment with internal dividers for custom camera carry
- Padded waistbelt with zippered pocket
- Two main organizational panel pockets (1 with tablet carry sleeve)
- Side panel pocket with zip out bottom for tripod and light stand carry
- Side compression straps for accessory carry and load stabilization
- Front accessory pocket
- Removable rain cover
- Hidden pocket in upper panel of laptop compartment for location device tracker such as TILE™
- Dual density shoulder straps with load lifter suspension
- Water resistant 5000mm PU fabric panels for extreme durability in the field
- TPU bottom panel
- 610d CORDURA® HP
- 630d Nylon Carbonate w/ water resistant coating
- 210d Nylon Liner
- YKK® Zippers
- 22” x 13” x 11.75” (H x W x D)
- 2136 in / 35 L
- Capacity: Up to 45 lbs / 20.4 kgs
- 5 lbs 10 oz / 2.6 kgs
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
*For Freight-Forwarding Orders please reach out to email@example.com BEFORE placing your order. Restrictions apply.
100% Guaranteed Returns
We understand that not every purchase works out, which is why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. New, unused gear in original packaging and hangtags can be returned at any time within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment or for an exchange. All returns will be charged a $8.95 restocking fee. If the original method of payment is unavailable, we will issue your refund in the form of store credit.
How to return by mail
Due to high demand, our returns process may take longer than usual. Typically, we will issue a refund within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card or for a refund check to arrive. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly and safely as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all return questions.
Follow these three steps to submit your return:
Visit our New Return Portal
To make shipping a return even easier, we have launched a New Return Portal that allows you to submit your return request. After we review your request and have authorization from the return warehouse, you will receive a prepaid return shipping label via email.
Please note: Oversized items (such as coolers, skis, furniture, large stoves and tents, etc) will be charged an oversized item return fee. Please don’t hesitate to ask email@example.com if you have any questions about typical return shipping for an oversized item you may order.
Pack your return
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Prepare & ship your package
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you. We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card. PLEASE NOTE: PREPAID LABELS EXPIRE 15 DAYS FROM DATE WE SEND THEM TO YOU.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions of the Gear.com Return Policy will be declined and a refund will not be issued.
- All returns will be charged a $8.95 restocking fee.
- All sales are final on gift cards, lift tickets, and passes, as noted at time of purchase.
- If you prefer to work directly with a carrier to ship your return, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an RMA and return shipping address.
Mail-in return exceptions
Some items cannot be returned via our return portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
Store credits issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.
All other store credits expire 90 days from issuance, including credits issued by our Customer Success team or as part of a promotion.
Manufacturing Defect/Warranty Claims
If you experience a manufacturing defect, or it's outside of Gear.com’s 30 day return window, please contact the manufacturer directly. Gear.com does not provide any direct warranty services, though your purchase may be covered by a brand or manufacturer warranty. If a warranty claim requires a Proof of Purchase from Gear.com, please contact email@example.com and we'll be happy to email a copy if needed.