125th Anniversary Standard Transit
Gear.com has a perfect 5-star average score on Trustpilot.
FULFILLMENT AND SHIPPING TIMES UPDATE
We are so stoked that you have taken the time to visit Gear.com! Our fulfilments teams are working hard to process and ship orders as quickly and as safely as possible. We have been experiencing some shipping delays with this item due to the unfortunate situation that is affecting us all worldwide and the high demand placed on our US mail carriers. Most mail carriers have suspended their shipping windows indefinitely during this time. Please plan accordingly for an estimated 10 - 21 weekdays to ship. Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com before placing your order.
Celebrate Brunton and the Transit turning 125 years old with this anniversary edition of the new Standard Transit. You will be one of 125 lucky owners of this limited edition Pocket Transit.
This special edition Standard Transit comes with a custom product serial number (XXX of 125), a stamped leather case and a certificate of authenticity.
The Brunton Standard Transit retains full functionality of a classic Brunton, but offers the best low-angle strike and dip measurements, enhanced durability, and a sleek new design.
Dimensions: 3.1 x 2.8 x 1.3" | 7.9 x 7.1 x 3.4cm
Weight: 6.9oz | 195g
Azimuth: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
Internal Clinometer: +/-1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
Percent Grade: 5% graduations
Declination Adjustment: +/-180˚
• The flat bottom with a non-slip silicon foot allows for low angle strike and dip measurements.
• Designed with durability in mind, the Standard Transit is CNC machined from a nearly indestructible aluminum block while the hard-anodized finish resists scratches that will keep this transit looking brand new for years to come.
• The updated needle with a NeFeB disk magnet improves shock resistance and resists demagnetization over time.
• Open your beverage at the end of a long field day with an unobtrusive bottle opener that stays out of the way until needed.
• The induction dampening makes for a quick-settling needle.
• The sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement throughout the life of the instrument.
• The internal components are sealed with an O-ring for improved water and dust resistance. Note: Brunton Transits are NOT designed for use underwater, but are protected from rain and humidity.
• The mirror has a transparent sight for shooting accurate bearings within 1/2˚.
• Short and long sights provide additional functionality and accuracy when shooting bearings.
• A protective leather case is included and the belt attachment makes it easy to carry your Brunton Transit in the field.
• Made in the USA in Riverton, WY.
The new Brunton Standard Transit brings the classic features of a Brunton Transit to a sleeker instrument. It retains a nearly identical mechanical setup to the classic Brunton, but the aluminum housing is much more durable, which is great for field geologists that are in extreme environments. The biggest technical improvement is that the inclinometer lever is now contained within a recessed housing and the ring on the base has been removed, allowing for much easier low-angle measurements. Most folks won’t notice the switch to disk magnets, like those used in the high-end Brunton models, but the nice addition improves the response time of the magnetic needle. The small bottle opener on the side of the housing is also a nice touch and shows that Brunton understands its customers, but also gives the third best excuse to upgrade from your trusty old transit. Overall, this instrument combines the classic design of the Brunton Transit and the durability and flat base of the higher-price transits, in a much sleeker design.
Dr. Matthew McKay
Missouri State University
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
100% Guaranteed Returns
We understand that not every purchase works out, which is why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. New, unused gear in original packaging and hangtags can be returned at any time within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment. If the original method of payment is unavailable, we will issue your refund in the form of store credit.
How to return by mail
Due to high demand, our returns process may take longer than usual. Typically, we will issue a refund within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card or for a refund check to arrive. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly and safely as possible.
Follow these three steps:
Print your shipping label
To make shipping a return even easier, we offer a prepaid return shipping label for eligible U.S. customers returning products that don’t need to ship freight. Some exceptions apply. Reach out to email@example.com to initiate your return request, and to ensure the item is being returned to the correct warehouse/address.
Please note: $8.95 will be deducted from your refund to cover return shipping for standard size/weight packages when you use the prepaid shipping label provided by Gear.com. This charge only applies if your return is mailed using a prepaid label our team provides, but will not be deducted if you pay for the return shipping yourself. Shipping costs to return oversized items (such as coolers, skis, furniture, large stoves and tents, etc) will be calculated on a case-by-case basis. Please don’t hesitate to ask firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about typical return shipping for an oversized item you may order.
Pack your return
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Prepare & ship your package
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you. We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions of the Gear.com Return Policy will be declined and a refund will not be issued.
- All sales are final on gift cards, lift tickets, and passes, as noted at time of purchase.
- If you prefer to work directly with a carrier to ship your return, please reach out to email@example.com to request an RMA and return shipping address.
Mail-in return exceptions
Some items cannot be returned via our return portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
Store credits issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.
All other store credits expire 90 days from issuance, including credits issued by our Customer Success team or as part of a promotion.
Manufacturing Defect/Warranty Claims
If you experience a manufacturing defect, or it's outside of Gear.com’s 30 day return window, please contact the manufacturer directly. Gear.com does not provide any direct warranty services, though your purchase may be covered by a brand or manufacturer warranty. If a warranty claim requires a Proof of Purchase from Gear.com, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to email a copy if needed.