VSSL First Aid
Gear.com has 100% perfect five-star reviews on Trustpilot.
One of those items you hope you’ll never have to use, but sure are glad when you have it. We’ve packed VSSL First Aid with the most common items required to triage personal minor medical issues.
All the contents are contained in slotted plastic sleeves for easy access. Open the VSSL cylinder, unroll the kit and the contents are visible and easily accessible in a well organized manner.
In addition, if your medical emergency leaves you stranded, the compact whistle and our dual mode LED flashlight can both be used to signal for help.
Each VSSL unit is 9" long by 2" diameter made from seamless extruded military specification anodized aluminum.
Weighs 14 ounces (just under 1 pound).
- VSSL Light: a 200 lumen, waterproof LED light with 4 lighting modes and up to 40 hours of burn time.
- VSSL Compass: an oil filled compass with a high visibility compass card.
- VSSL Adventure Tape: a multi-use outdoors tape for bandaging wounds, marking trails, and repairing gear.
- 4 Large Bandages : Standard 4 bandages for covering cuts and scrapes and preventing infeciton
- 4 Knuckle Bandages : Standard 4 knuckle bandages used to cover up knuckle busters.
- 3 Steri-Strips : 2 packs of 3M steri-strips that are purpose built to close deeper more sever cuts.
- 2 Disposable Thermometers : Check for fevers to indicate the seriousness of a condition.
- 4 Antiseptic Towelettes : use these towelettes to thoroughly disinfect and clean wounds to prevent infection.
- Celox Hemostatic Agent : Celox accelerates blood clotting and in turn helps stop excess bleeding from deep wounds. Be sure to cover the wound after use.
- 2 Antibiotic & 2 Burn Cream Packs : Use antibiotic cream after cleaning a wound, and use burn cream to clean, sterilize, and assist with burn pain relief.
- 4 Aspirin : 4 aspirin for generic pain relief.
- 4 Advil : 4 advil (ibuprofen). Advil helps to relieve pain, swelling, or a fever. It can also assist with allergy relief
- Tweezers, Emergency Whistle, and Safety Pins : 1 whistle that can be used to call for help. 1 pair o tweezers to clean debris from wounds and splinters. 4 safety pins for securing clothing wraps or bandages for larger wounds.
- Gauze Pad : 1 gauze pad large enough to cover larger wounds. Before application thoroughly clean the wound and use this pad on top.
- Medical Gloves : for use when treating other people's wounds.
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
*For Freight-Forwarding Orders please reach out to email@example.com BEFORE placing your order. Restrictions apply.
100% Guaranteed Returns
We understand that not every purchase works out, which is why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. New, unused gear in original packaging and hangtags can be returned at any time within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment or for an exchange. All returns will be charged a $8.95 restocking fee. If the original method of payment is unavailable, we will issue your refund in the form of store credit.
How to return by mail
Due to high demand, our returns process may take longer than usual. Typically, we will issue a refund within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card or for a refund check to arrive. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly and safely as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all return questions.
Follow these three steps to submit your return:
Visit our New Return Portal
To make shipping a return even easier, we have launched a New Return Portal that allows you to submit your return request. After we review your request and have authorization from the return warehouse, you will receive a prepaid return shipping label via email.
Please note: Oversized items (such as coolers, skis, furniture, large stoves and tents, etc) will be charged an oversized item return fee. Please don’t hesitate to ask email@example.com if you have any questions about typical return shipping for an oversized item you may order.
Pack your return
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Prepare & ship your package
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you. We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card. PLEASE NOTE: PREPAID LABELS EXPIRE 15 DAYS FROM DATE WE SEND THEM TO YOU.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions of the Gear.com Return Policy will be declined and a refund will not be issued.
- All returns will be charged a $8.95 restocking fee.
- All sales are final on gift cards, lift tickets, and passes, as noted at time of purchase.
- If you prefer to work directly with a carrier to ship your return, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an RMA and return shipping address.
Mail-in return exceptions
Some items cannot be returned via our return portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
Store credits issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.
All other store credits expire 90 days from issuance, including credits issued by our Customer Success team or as part of a promotion.
Manufacturing Defect/Warranty Claims
If you experience a manufacturing defect, or it's outside of Gear.com’s 30 day return window, please contact the manufacturer directly. Gear.com does not provide any direct warranty services, though your purchase may be covered by a brand or manufacturer warranty. If a warranty claim requires a Proof of Purchase from Gear.com, please contact email@example.com and we'll be happy to email a copy if needed.