Men's Sorai Chukka
Profits donated to the anti-poaching unit to save Rhinos
Raise awareness for the conservation of Rhino
Handmade In South Africa
Sustainably and ethically made
High-performance technical leather that repels water
Profits made on the SORAI VELDSKOEN will be donated to the Kariega Reserve Foundation’s ‘Walk With Us’ campaign to maintain their Anti-Poaching Unit (APU).
The Kariega Foundation’s main source of funding is a levy paid by Kariega Game Reserve safari guests, due to the international travel COVID-19 travel restrictions the funds have stopped. Every pair of SORAI Veldskoen purchased, contributes to the protection of Rhino at Kariega Reserve.
“On the ground, every day is a battle, a race against time by the teams of dedicated specialists who rescue, rehabilitate, and release these rhinos back into the wild." - Kevin Pietersen. The time for change is now, and change is possible.
- Ethics First: Veldskoen Shoes believe in building better shoes. That's why Veldskoen shoes are handcrafted with locally sourced premium materials, made with a compulsive eye for detail, a conscious mind, and an innovative approach to transparency with a desire to never stop improving and evolving.
- Superior materials: All their materials are sourced locally. By sourcing locally they help support local businesses and communities and in turn reduce the carbon footprint by reducing transit and production times.
- Comfort: Veldskoen will feel like butter on your feet. The leather naturally conforms and molds to your foot. After a few days of wear, they will feel like they are an extension of your foot.
- Hand-stitched durability: Each Veldskoen is hand-stitched in South Africa by master shoemakers. This means individual care and attention is given to every shoe.
- Brighten your sole: They offer a color to match any situation. From cruising the office to hiking through the bush without skipping a beat.
- Smell the roses: Did you know leather is a natural deodorizer? These shoes will have your feet smelling like a rose.
- Leather Uppers: Their Leather is sourced from a local tannery just outside of Cape Town. It is run by and employs the local community. They use a full-grain Proteus suede 1.8/2.0mm sustainably and ethically harvested as a byproduct from a meat tannery.
- Veldskoen Sole: All the soles are made from 100% recyclable rubber compound that has an extended durability. It also has shorter cycle times, lower energy consumption, and less waste during manufacturing in effect slashing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Insoles: To create the most comfortable shoe, and to live up to their history as a shoe that is designed to be on your feet all day, they spared no expense in finding the very best combination of materials and manufacturing. They use a 4mm stitch down with high-density memory foam with a durable PU lining that creates the perfect padding and ultra-comfort for your feet.
- Laces: The laces are a 50/50 polyester cotton blend with a length of 70cm / 27 inches. The combination of the Polyester and Cotton blend creates a strong and flexible lace that will not break down and lasts longer than traditional laces.
- Stitching: The stitching is a semi waxed 100% polyester braided thread that is as strong as the shoe itself. They use double stitching on all high movement areas of the shoe for added strength.
Gear.com offers free ground shipping anywhere in the continental US for any order of $49 or more. Gear.com orders under $49 ship anywhere within the continental US for a flat rate of $9.95. Excludes oversized items - Oversized shipping rates apply automatically at checkout.
Shipment tracking typically takes 2 - 7 business days to update. We will notify you as soon as your tracking number becomes available. Please be sure to check your promotions, spam or junk mail folders for these updates. Once your order hits the road, standard shipping takes approximately 3 - 7 business days for delivery. During the Holidays the estimated shipping window is extended to approximately 5 - 10 business days.
Gear.com orders can be shipped from multiple warehouses across the United States and can be shipped using FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. Some brands have shipping restrictions and cannot ship to USPS PO BOX or Freight Forwarding addresses and will be noted on the product page description.
International and Expedited Shipping:
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
*For Freight-Forwarding Orders please reach out to email@example.com BEFORE placing your order. Restrictions apply.
We understand that not every purchase works out. New, unused gear in original packaging and hangtags can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment or for an exchange.
How to return by mail
Due to high demand, our returns process may take longer than usual. Typically, we will issue a refund within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card or for a refund check to arrive. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly and safely as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all return questions.
Follow these three steps to submit your return:
Visit our New Return Portal
To make shipping a return even easier, we have launched a New Return Portal that allows you to submit your return request. After we review your request and have authorization from the return warehouse, you will receive a prepaid return shipping label via email.
Please note: Oversized items (such as coolers, skis, furniture, large stoves and tents, etc) will be charged an oversized item return fee. Please don’t hesitate to ask email@example.com if you have any questions about typical return shipping for an oversized item you may order.
Pack your return
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Prepare & ship your package
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you. We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card. PLEASE NOTE: PREPAID LABELS EXPIRE 15 DAYS FROM DATE WE SEND THEM TO YOU.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions of the Gear.com Return Policy will be declined and a refund will not be issued. Pictures may be required to confirm the condition of your return.
- All sales are final on gift cards, lift tickets, and passes, as noted at time of purchase.
- If you prefer to work directly with a carrier to ship your return, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an RMA and return shipping address.
Mail-in return exceptions
Some items cannot be returned via our return portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
Store credits issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.
All other store credits expire 90 days from issuance, including credits issued by our Customer Success team or as part of a promotion.
Manufacturing Defect/Warranty Claims
If you experience a manufacturing defect, or it's outside of the Gear.com 30 day return window, please contact the manufacturer directly. Gear.com does not provide any direct warranty services, though your purchase may be covered by a brand or manufacturer warranty. If a warranty claim requires a Proof of Purchase from Gear.com, please contact email@example.com and we'll be happy to email a copy if needed.