Nomad View Large Stove5.0
Nomad View Large Stove5.0
Gear.com has 92% five-star reviews on Trustpilot.
With its rectangular firebox, two viewing windows, and nesting 4-leg design, the Winnerwell Nomad View Large Wood Burning Tent Stove is truly unique in the world of portable wood stoves. Made with quality 304 stainless steel, the Nomad View is an excellent heating and cooking solution within compatible canvas tents and a range of recreational shelters. The nesting 4-leg design gives the Nomad a smaller footprint than the Woodlanders, making it a good option for small spaces where a fireproof hearth area is used to reduce required clearances.
- Precision-crafted in 304 Stainless Steel that will never rust or corrode (1/8” thick cooktop material, 1/16” thick body material)
- Includes 1 stove body, 5 sections of straight chimney pipe (3.5” diameter, 17” length), 1 spark arrestor, and 1 ash scraper
- Weight: 34 pounds
- Packed Dimensions/Stove Body Dimensions: 18” x 9.8” x 9.8”
- Assemble Dimensions: 20” x 25” x 108” (108” indicates total height from the ground to the spark arrestor)
- Footprint Dimensions: 20” x 18”
- Firebox Capacity: Approx. 1500 cubic inches (18” stove body depth nicely accommodates split wood)
- Fuel Type: dry, seasoned wood only (not intended for coal burning)
- Door features an air-control damper and a glass window for fire management and ambiance
- Large side window for fire management and ambiance
- Level side shelves lend cooking versatility and double as a carry handle
- Highly portable- Nesting legs and shelves fold flat to the stove body; 5 pipe sections, spark arrestor, and an ash scraper stow inside the stove body
- Wide 4-leg design helps keep the stove stable on uneven surfaces
- Compatible with Large Size and 3.5” Winnerwell Stove Accessories
- Certifications: N/A (This is a recreational wood burning stove not intended for residential use)
- Installation Recommendations: Always maintain adequate clearances when using a wood stove in a tent or shelter. We recommend at least 18-inches between the stove and any combustible material. When using a non-combustible heat shield or fireproof hearth, clearances can be reduced by half. We strongly recommend the use of a Double Wall Pipe Section and a Flashing Kit where the flue exits the tent or shelter. Always ensure the flue exits through a fireproof stove jack and the combustible materials are kept clear of the stove or flue. Whenever possible, secure the legs of the stove using tent stakes, bolts, or other adequate anchors to prevent the stove from tipping over. This is especially critical in shelters prone to movement like a trailer or boat.
- Operating Tips: Efficient and proper use of a wood stove requires some patience and practice. When starting your fire, it’s important to quickly establish a hot bed of coals to initiate a strong draw of air through the stove and up the flue. Use a good amount of small tinder when starting a fire in the stove, slowly adding larger pieces of wood. Always open the door slowly to prevent smoke spillage into your tent or shelter. Never start a fire using flammable accelerates such lighter fluid. We strongly recommend operating your stove outside for the first several burns to practice your fire starting technique and optimizing burn temperature and rate using the airflow controls. It’s important that your stove burns hot enough to efficiently combust the fuel- when the stove is burning efficiently, little to no visible smoke should be exiting the chimney pipe. If the chimney is belching visible smoke, this is an indication the stove is not burning efficiently. Also avoid overloading the stove with fuel as this can create excessive heat which can warp or damage the stove.
- Warnings & Considerations: Never leave a wood stove burning unattended. The surface of Winnerwell Wood Stoves become extremely hot during use, always wear leather gloves and exercise caution when operating the wood stove. Careful supervision of children and pets is mandatory when operating the wood stove to prevent harm or injury. When children or pets are present, we strongly recommend the use of fence panels or a stove guard to prevent unintentional contact with the stove. Only burn clean, dry, seasoned firewood in Winnerwell Wood Stoves. Burning green wood can result in carbon monoxide which is hazardous to health as well as increase the build up of creosote in the flue pipe which can create the risk of chimney fire. Clean the flue regularly (approx. every 20 hours of burn time) to avoid excessive creosote build-up which can inhibit airflow and create the risk of chimney fire. We recommend a Winnerwell Pipe Brush for cleaning the flue. User assumes responsibility for the safe use of this wood stove.
- Materials: Made entirely from 304 stainless steel, using 1/8” thick material for the cooktop and 1/16” thick material for the body, Winnerwell stoves are unique in the world of portable wood burning stoves. Good quality stainless steel lends several distinct advantages: It does not rust or corrode—a huge advantage in harsh outdoor environments; It can functionally withstand higher temperatures than mild steel, allowing thinner material to be used on the stove body which significantly reduces weight, ultimately making the stove more portable; And lastly, after the first burn, the stainless steel starts to take on a very nice patina color.
- Accessory Recommendations: For added cooking utility, we recommend the Large Water Tank and the 3.5” Pipe Oven. The water tank is excellent for melting snow and ice for drinking water, and when the stove is burning efficiently the tank will boil water in minutes thanks to its location at the back of the cooktop and the base of the flue pipe where heat is concentrated. The 3.5” Pipe Oven is generously sized with two shelves and is ideal for biscuits, cookies, baked potatoes, and more. Using a large skillet or dutch oven on the cooktop in conjunction with the Pipe Oven provides a very functional camp kitchen set up.
Gear.com offers free ground shipping anywhere in the continental US for any order of $49 or more. Gear.com orders under $49 ship anywhere within the continental US for a flat rate of $4.95.
Shipment tracking typically takes 1 - 3 business days to update. You will receive an automated shipment notification email as soon as your tracking number becomes available. If you do not receive your shipment tracking email within 1 - 3 business days be sure to check your spam or junk mail folders. Standard shipping takes approximately 3 - 7 business days from the time the item ships. During the Holidays the estimated shipping window is extended to 7 - 16 business days. We appreciate your understanding and patience!
Shipping outside the contiguous United States:
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Potential Shipping Delays:
The unfortunate situation affecting countries worldwide has greatly impacted all of our lives. We understand that this is a difficult time and we want you to know that the Gear.com family is working hard to provide you with exceptional customer service and awesome gear. Due to increased order volume, mail carrier delays and the additional recommended safety measures we are taking to protect our teams, it may take longer than the usual 5 -7 business days for your order to be delivered. Many orders are shipping within the estimated 5 - 7 business day window, while others can take up to 7 - 21 business days to be delivered depending on warehouse location as each US State has a unique method of dealing with this serious situation.
We are doing our best to process and deliver your order as soon as possible while keeping Gear.com employees safe. Please keep an eye on your email for all order and tracking updates. We'll email you once your order ships. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these unique times. As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll do our best to assist you!
100% Guaranteed Returns
We understand that not every purchase works out, which is why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. New, unused gear in original packaging and hangtags can be returned at any time within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment. If the original method of payment is unavailable, we will issue your refund in the form of store credit.
How to return by mail
Due to high demand, our returns process may take longer than usual. Typically, we will issue a refund within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card or for a refund check to arrive. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly and safely as possible.
Follow these three steps:
Print your shipping label
To make shipping a return even easier, we offer a prepaid return shipping label for eligible U.S. customers returning products that don’t need to ship freight. Some exceptions apply. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate your return request, and to ensure the item is being returned to the correct warehouse/address.
Please note: $8.95 will be deducted from your refund to cover return shipping for standard size/weight packages when you use the prepaid shipping label provided by Gear.com. This charge only applies if your return is mailed using a prepaid label our team provides, but will not be deducted if you pay for the return shipping yourself. Shipping costs to return oversized items (such as coolers, skis, furniture, large stoves and tents, etc) will be calculated on a case-by-case basis. Please don’t hesitate to ask email@example.com if you have any questions about typical return shipping for an oversized item you may order.
Pack your return
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Prepare & ship your package
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you. We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions of the Gear.com Return Policy will be declined and a refund will not be issued.
- All sales are final on gift cards, lift tickets, and passes, as noted at time of purchase.
- If you prefer to work directly with a carrier to ship your return, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an RMA and return shipping address.
Mail-in return exceptions
Some items cannot be returned via our return portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
Store credits issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.
All other store credits expire 90 days from issuance, including credits issued by our Customer Success team or as part of a promotion.
Manufacturing Defect/Warranty Claims
If you experience a manufacturing defect, or it's outside of Gear.com’s 30 day return window, please contact the manufacturer directly. Gear.com does not provide any direct warranty services, though your purchase may be covered by a brand or manufacturer warranty. If a warranty claim requires a Proof of Purchase from Gear.com, please contact email@example.com and we'll be happy to email a copy if needed.