Ultra Plus MIPS
COB LED Technology: it's more compact footprint whilst delivering a higher intensity of light meaning you’ll be seen from further away and gives the lights a more uniform look.
The helmet will be equipped with 98 COB LEDs in total.
- Front Light (30 COB LED diodes).
- Rear Lights with Turn Signals (34 red COB LED diodes, 34 orange COB LED diodes).
- 1100mAh rechargeable battery providing up to 10 hours with the lights set on maximum brightness.
- USB-C Charging Connection (Chargeable with a 5V - 5.2V & 0.5A charger).
- Lumos Companion App: Customize your light flashing patterns, check your battery life, track your activity and sync with Strava and Apple Health.
- Maximum Venting.
- MIPS technology.
- Ultra Plus MIPS includes: MIPS, Bugnet, Visor, and Remote Pro
WARNING: Some Gear.com products can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Your helmet must fit properly to be effective. With a proper fit, the helmet will not move back and forth or side to side while fastened. The helmet can only protect if it fits well.
The fit system is completely adjustable to help you find the most comfortable configuration. You can tighten or loosen the rear adjustment dial to fit the circumference of your head as required.
The correct position on your head
1. Loosen off the retention system and place the helmet on your head.
2. The correct position of the helmet is just out of your eyeline, not touching your eyebrows. Make sure the helmet is not leaning forward too much, as it can block your sight. The helmet should also not sit too much backwards, because then it will not protect against frontal impacts. See below pictures for reference.
3. Tighten up the retention system by turning the adjustment knob on the back until the helmet feels snug.
Adjust the straps
4. Adjust the strap tension at the buckle so that the helmet is strapped snugly. Tighten the strap as required to obtain a snug fit. With the helmet on and tightly fastened, make sure the helmet cannot be removed from your head or rolled backward or forward excessively. Be sure that the buckle is not pressing against your jawbone.
5. When properly fitted and adjusted, your ears should not be covered by any part of the straps.
6. Make sure the helmet is not blocking your peripheral vision. To check for proper tension, put on the helmet and fasten the buckle. Open your mouth. You should feel the strap pulling against your chin. Then attempt to pull the helmet off the front or rear. If the helmet comes off, increase the strap tension and examine if thick enough pads are being used. The helmet should not be able to roll forward or backward excessively. It should not be possible to remove the helmet without unfastening the buckle.
NOTE: Please check adjustment every time you wear your helmet.
The Kickstart and Ultra helmet both come with one black lycra padding set.
The Matrix and Street both come with 2 different padding sets. The MIPS versions of these helmets come with the same paddings in black to better match with the yellow MIPS layer.
The red padding is thicker and more suitable for smaller heads. For larger heads, the thinner turquoise padding will probably fit you best. Every head is different, so we recommend to try out both paddings and also mix and match, to get the best fit for your head.
Gear.com offers free ground shipping anywhere in the continental US for any order of $69 or more. Gear.com orders under $69 ship anywhere within the continental US for a flat rate of $9.95. Excludes oversized items - Oversized shipping rates apply automatically at checkout.
Shipment tracking typically takes 2 - 7 business days to update. We will notify you as soon as your tracking number becomes available. Please be sure to check your promotions, spam or junk mail folders for these updates. Once your order hits the road, standard shipping takes approximately 3 - 7 business days for delivery. During the Holidays the estimated shipping window is extended to approximately 5 - 10 business days.
Gear.com orders can be shipped from multiple warehouses across the United States and can be shipped using FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. Some brands have shipping restrictions and cannot ship to USPS PO BOX or Freight Forwarding addresses and will be noted on the product page description.
International and Expedited Shipping:
Unfortunately we're unable to promise or guarantee delivery by a specific date and don't offer overnight or express shipping at this time. We also do not currently ship to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, US territories, or international addresses. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
*For Freight-Forwarding Orders please reach out to email@example.com BEFORE placing your order. Restrictions apply.
Need to make a return? Grab your order number and visit our Returns Portal here.
We understand that not every purchase works out. New, unused gear in original packaging and hangtags can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund to your original method of payment or for an exchange. We reserve the right to deny/refuse any return requests.
See also, damaged/defective products and warranty claims
Due to high demand, our returns process may take longer than usual. Typically, we will issue a refund within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card. Thank you for your patience as we process returns as quickly and safely as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all return questions.
How to return by mail
Follow these three steps to submit your return:
Visit our Returns Portal - returns.gear.com
To make shipping a return even easier, our returns portal allows you to submit a return request. After we review your request and have authorization from the return warehouse, you will receive a prepaid return shipping label via email.
Please note: Oversized items (such as coolers, skis, furniture, large stoves and tents, etc) will be charged an oversized item return fee. Please don’t hesitate to ask email@example.com if you have any questions about typical return shipping for an oversized item you may order.
Pack your return
Pack your item(s) securely and include the original product packaging and tags.
Prepare & ship your package
Tape your package securely and affix your return shipping label to the outside. (Hint: If you cover or remove all existing shipping labels, you can usually reuse the bag or box your order came in.) Drop off your package at a carrier location near you. We’ll email you once we’ve issued a store credit or a refund – typically within 10 business days after we receive your package. It may take up to 3 additional weeks for your bank to refund your credit card. PLEASE NOTE: PREPAID LABELS EXPIRE 15 DAYS FROM DATE WE SEND THEM TO YOU.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Returned merchandise that does not meet the conditions of the Gear.com Return Policy will be declined and a refund will not be issued. Pictures may be required to confirm the condition of your return.
- All items marked as "final sale" are not eligible for returns.
Some items cannot be returned via our returns portal, including the following:
- Hazardous materials
- Food items
- Oversize items
- Some Corporate & Group Sales items
Mail-in return exceptions may apply to coolers, tents, kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, power stations and more.
- Must be fully disassembled.
- Must be returned in the original box.
- We reserve the right to refuse returns that are not fully disassembled and in the original shipping box.
Store credit issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.